Sunday, May 22, 2011

Greetings from Melbourne!

Hello! Pey has very kindly asked me to contribute a blog post. My name is Sandra Eterovic, and I live and work in Melbourne, Australia. I thought I'd show you some photos that Kim Brockett from Craft Victoria took of my studio recently. Above: some of my favourite books, and a moustache mirror on the wall.
Above: some collages that I made using pictures that I painted in acrylic and then cut out and pieced together. One or two have even made it as prints and cards in my etsy shop.
Above: a man made from a vintage advertisement that I found in my favourite blog, Agence Eureka.
Above: a finished painted mirror, which is now for sale at a beautiful Melbourne shop called Hut 13.
Above: a rug that I made by painting acrylic on canvas and varnishing it. I read once that during the Victorian era people sometimes painted rugs if they could not afford woven ones. I thought I would try the idea out too.

There are more photos from this series here.

Thank you very much Pey! Have a good weekend everyone.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Sandra, thanks for this wonderful show and tell !
    Your studio is alive with an abundant of inspirational delights.
    Love you work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating studio! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your studio, Sandra! It looks like a fun place to work and play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are so fun, I like your eye for colors and shapes. The tall and narrow geranium is an interesting plant too, I'm wondering if you shaped it with light and pruning or if it naturally grows like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a whimsical workspace! Thanks so much for sharing your images and creativity~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your post and your studio! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that rug idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete