Monday, October 7, 2013

Five Clay Artists


These five clay artists of the In the Making team run the gamut of functional  ceramic pieces to art pieces: they play with form, clay body, color and function issues.  All are unique, intriguing and delightful.


"Each handmade piece of stoneware is thrown on an old kickwheel, but I work hard to create graceful lines on my bakeware, bowls, pitchers and every piece I make."




"I now work in Lagos in the South of PortugaI .I have been making ceramics for many years and more recently started making some jewelry ,using my own porcelain beads and combining them with semi precious stones and other materials. "



"celebrating the imperfect, irregular and not quite right......
all items in gone to pot are handbuilt from porcelain or white stoneware"



"I am a studio potter who works in porcelain and stoneware creating one of a kind, functional pottery including whimsical teapots and tea cups, bowls, casseroles, plates, tumblers, platters, vases and tiles. "

"I am  Manos and I'm delighted to share with you my handmade creations. 
Here you will find ceramics and unusual decorative art, all original, designed and created by me. "

Check out all of the creativity celebrated in their shops.

2 comments: